What is a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is a specialist post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery – whether 6 weeks postnatal or many years after. Already part of every new mother’s standard post-natal rehabilitation in France, a trained specialist - Liz can assess the strength and function of your tummy and pelvic floor muscles to help prevent long-term childbirth related complaints.
What does the Mummy MOT include?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Post-natal Health Physiotherapist
- In depth check of pelvic floor strength (if desired!) and tummy gap
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals
- Specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
Who needs a Mummy MOT?
After having a baby, half of all women have a weakness in either their tummy or pelvic floor area – over a third suffer with chronic pelvic pain. This creates instability and poor core strength and results in altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness.
A Mummy MOT helps women avoid these distressing and often embarrassing symptoms. The assessment by a specialist physiotherapist of the tummy gap and pelvic floor will enable the creation of a bespoke post-natal recovery programme plan devised especially for the woman, her lifestyle and fitness goals, including specific and safe post-natal exercises to regain stability and optimum function.
You can book your Mummy MOT at New Energy Fitness Winchester. It will last 1 hour. Please wear comfortable clothing. Baby's are welcome but might limit mums attention! Your are welcome to bring a chaperone.
£90 including assessment & recovery plan
Follow up sessions (45mins) £45
New Energy Fitness, Winchester